Quite a few months ago, I started this painting. I really loved what I did in the body and neck area. However when I did her face, I messed it up. I painted over the face and put it aside. Truthfully, I was too intimidated to go back to it. I really didn’t want to mess it up again. So she stayed in the closet for months. She moved when we moved and resided in another closet for a few more months.
I haven’t put my paintings up in our new place yet eventhough we have been in this place for almost 4 months. Last week, I finally decided to go through my paintings to see what I could display around our place. Much of what I have are not a good fit for our new place. I did took a few paintings out of the closet anyway.
While doing this, I came across this unfinished painting. I decided to see if I could bring it to completion. I wish I had taken a picture of it then, but I didn’t. It would have been great to see the transformation. I worked on it for five days in a row and enjoyed every minute of it. Well, almost every minute. I’m not very good at doing faces. I need to practice more. So the face was a tad stressful to do. It was still fun though and it was great to have a project to work on. It had been a long time since I lost myself into a painting project. I’m quite happy with how it turned out. The face is far from perfect but I’m happy with it. I’m happy with the whole composition. And the colours,, oh the colours! The colours are so rich and vibrant!
When I was trying to figure out what to paint on her right side, the thought that she wanted wings came to me. So… SHE got wings!